Stone Face Blog / Stone Face Vloggers

Being the musings of Your Obedient Servant, Great Stone Face, moose enthusiast.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Virginia, United States

I'm interested in humor contests, the Washington Redskins, the Boston Red Sox, the Washington Nationals, University of New Hampshire hockey and football, and Ohio State University football and hockey -- and, of course, moose.

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Fixed

Retirement is what you make of it. I've been retired for three months now. I visited museums and George Washngton's Mount Vernon. I went to a large number of oft-postponed medical and dental appointments. My wife and I went on a month of visits to family and friends in NH, VT, NJ, NY, and FL. We've also spent a bundle of money on car repairs for our aging "fleet," necessary home maintenance, and miscellaneous expenses. Retirement removes stress if work, but there remains the stress of allocating diminishing resources to cover require expenses.

It would be nice to win the Lottery. Failing that, anyone want to hire me to write? Look things up for you? Write humor? Make your lunch? Review contract bids or grant applications?

Sigh.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home