Stone Face Blog / Stone Face Vloggers
Being the musings of Your Obedient Servant, Great Stone Face, moose enthusiast.
- Name: Great Stone Face
- Location: Northern Virginia, United States
I'm interested in humor contests, the Washington Redskins, the Boston Red Sox, the Washington Nationals, University of New Hampshire hockey and football, and Ohio State University football and hockey -- and, of course, moose.
Monday, September 15, 2014
Saturday, September 13, 2014
We had friends over tonight, so we put together a dinner party. The appetizer was a bruschetta with Hilah Cooking tapenade, grilled halloumi, and basil.Our next course was a chilled cucumber soup, using an Ina Garten ("The Barefoot Contessa") recipe.
Here's the tablescape for the soup course.
Our starch was a Hilah Cooking recipe of rice pilaf.
Our vegetable dish was roasted asparagus dressed with raspberry vinegar.
The entrée was roast salmon, using a Marc Bittman recipe.
Our friends brought wines to drink and an excellent fruit tart from Wegmans for dessert.
What an excellent evening!
Wednesday, September 03, 2014
Tuesday, September 02, 2014
Sunday, August 31, 2014
Greek Pasta Salad
National Book Festival
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
Sweet & Savory
Monday, August 25, 2014
Veal & Carrots
Friday, August 15, 2014
Muffaletta For Lunch
Tuesday, August 12, 2014
Cabbage Rolls and Coffee
Would You Have This For Supper?
Thursday, August 07, 2014
- 4 T. butter
- 2 leeks, diced white parts
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup stock
- Big pinch herbes de Provence
- 1½ lbs boneless white‐meat chicken in 1½" chunks
- 2 T lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Put half of butter in large skillet over med. heat. When butter is melted, add leeks. Cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 mins. Add wine, stock, & herb. Bring to boil. Let bubble for a min. or two.
- Add chicken. Turn heat to med.‐low. Cover. Simmer until meat is barely cooked through, 5-6 mins. Remove chicken with slotted spoon. Keep warm.
- Turn heat up to high. Cook sauce rapidly. Stir occasionally, until about ¾ cup remains. Will take 5-10 mins. Lower heat to med.‐low. Add lemon juice. Stir in remaining butter, a bit at a time.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Return chicken chunks to sauce. Heat through. Garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.