Stone Face Blog / Stone Face Vloggers

Being the musings of Your Obedient Servant, Great Stone Face, moose enthusiast.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Virginia, United States

I'm interested in humor contests, the Washington Redskins, the Boston Red Sox, the Washington Nationals, University of New Hampshire hockey and football, and Ohio State University football and hockey -- and, of course, moose.

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Chile Toreado

At the Margarita Latin Grill in Burke, VA, tonight, I had some Chicken Tortilla Soup. On the side, I had something I'd never seen before, Chile Toreado. A jalapeño is roasted or charred in a frypan, then served in soy sauce. Sometimes, a serrano is used, or ponzu sauce, or soy sauce with lime. Sometimes, a little chopped onion is added. This is a side dish often served in taquerias and sushi bars in Mexico.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home