Stone Face Blog / Stone Face Vloggers

Being the musings of Your Obedient Servant, Great Stone Face, moose enthusiast.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Virginia, United States

I'm interested in humor contests, the Washington Redskins, the Boston Red Sox, the Washington Nationals, University of New Hampshire hockey and football, and Ohio State University football and hockey -- and, of course, moose.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Making Do With What You've Got Pancakes

Hilah Cooking posted a recipe today for zucchini pancakes. However, the recipe is really for whatever you've got hanging around your vegetable bins. I know what I made sounds odd, but it is better than throwing stuff out, right? So, I had a partial jar of kimchi in the fridge and some beets in vinegar and a hunk of ghostly-white sharp-tasting goat's milk Gouda.

I sliced up the kimchi and beets into matchsticks and grated the cheese into the bowl. Beaten egg and flour was added.

Then I fried it up as pancakes in canola oil in a medium-high heated pan for 4 minutes on a side.

The tangy, sour tastes blended very well together, and that is what I made. Like it or leave it. Besides, the color is outstanding.


Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous hilah said...

Looks beautiful! And I love the tang-power of all the vinegar and kimchi.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Household Tips said...

Great blog, made me hungry.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home