Stone Face Blog / Stone Face Vloggers

Being the musings of Your Obedient Servant, Great Stone Face, moose enthusiast.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Virginia, United States

I'm interested in humor contests, the Washington Redskins, the Boston Red Sox, the Washington Nationals, University of New Hampshire hockey and football, and Ohio State University football and hockey -- and, of course, moose.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Meatless Monday

Tomorrow, for Valentine's Day, I've ordered a heart-shaped pizza for lovers from Papa Petrone's Take 'n' Bake -- pepperoni and sundried tomatoes on top. Papa makes it up, then we take it home and cook it here.


But, today, we're doing a Meatless Monday. I'm making curried tofu over basmati rice and we'll have a garden salad on the side. The rice already is in the rice cooker, timed for 6:00 p.m. When my wife gets home, I'll cut up the tofu and the onion, then sautee the onion in some peanut oil. When the onion has browned, I'll toast the curry powder in the pan, then pour in the unsweetened coconut milk, followed by the tofu and some soy sauce. I'd normally add a pinch of cayenne, but my wife prefers less heat in her curry. Very simple.

We'll watch "Downton Abbey" over dinner. We watched the first five episodes over the past weekend, and want to get into the second season this week.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home