Poached Chicken with Lemon Sauce
- 4 T. butter
- 2 leeks, diced white parts
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup stock
- Big pinch herbes de Provence
- 1½ lbs boneless white‐meat chicken in 1½" chunks
- 2 T lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Put half of butter in large skillet over med. heat. When butter is melted, add leeks. Cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 mins. Add wine, stock, & herb. Bring to boil. Let bubble for a min. or two.
- Add chicken. Turn heat to med.‐low. Cover. Simmer until meat is barely cooked through, 5-6 mins. Remove chicken with slotted spoon. Keep warm.
- Turn heat up to high. Cook sauce rapidly. Stir occasionally, until about ¾ cup remains. Will take 5-10 mins. Lower heat to med.‐low. Add lemon juice. Stir in remaining butter, a bit at a time.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Return chicken chunks to sauce. Heat through. Garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.
Labels: chicken, lemon sauce