Stone Face Blog / Stone Face Vloggers

Being the musings of Your Obedient Servant, Great Stone Face, moose enthusiast.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Virginia, United States

I'm interested in humor contests, the Washington Redskins, the Boston Red Sox, the Washington Nationals, University of New Hampshire hockey and football, and Ohio State University football and hockey -- and, of course, moose.

Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Kicking Up Kale

No photo, but I made a bowl of kale for myself for lunch today. I sauteed a minced garlic clove in a little hot olive oil until slightly brown. Into that, I threw three or so big handful of chopped washed kale, a few tablespoons of chicken broth, a tablespoon of peanut butter, plus salt and black pepper. I covered it and steamed the kale at low heat for 5-6 minutes. I then uncovered it, mixed it up, and threw in another couple of tablespoons of chicken broth and a tablespoon of rice vinegar. Uncovered, it cooked another five minutes, stirred occasionally, until sauced and tender, not soupy. Delicious. It probably would be great over rice.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Madeleine Begun Kane said...

How did kale go so quickly from barely mentioned to trendy? :)

12:10 AM  
Blogger Great Stone Face said...

I don't go out of my way to eat kale, but it's exceptionally high in Vitamin K and I needed to boost my level.

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home