Stone Face Blog / Stone Face Vloggers

Being the musings of Your Obedient Servant, Great Stone Face, moose enthusiast.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Virginia, United States

I'm interested in humor contests, the Washington Redskins, the Boston Red Sox, the Washington Nationals, University of New Hampshire hockey and football, and Ohio State University football and hockey -- and, of course, moose.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Salmon Steamed Over Spinach

Tonight, I steamed a salmon fillet over spinach and onions. I stirred in kalamata olives at the end.



I heated minced garlic in olive oil over medium high heat, until it sizzled. Then, I mixed in a large chopped onion. I seasoned the onion with salt and pepper and sauteed it for five minutes, until the onion was translucent.

I mixed in six cups of seasoned spinach with a quarter cup of water drizzled on top. The salmon fillet (also seasoned) was placed on top of the spinach. I covered the saute pan and lowered the heat slightly. The recipe called for 1.5 lbs of fish, but there were only two of us, so I used 0.65 lbs.

It steamed for 15 minutes, and I checked it for doneness. I stirred a quarter cup of chopped kalamata olives into the spinach and onions, and served it up. We had chocolate-frosted (kosher for Passover) brownies for dessert.


My wife and I both agreed it was delicious. Maybe, I'd cut back on the amount of onion next time.


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous hilah said...

Mmm. I love the addition of kalamata olives. I also like to roast chicken with olives.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Great Stone Face said...

I had a small bowl of leftovers for brunch today, with a pot of L.L. Bean "Foggy Morning" blueberry coffee.

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home