Stone Face Blog / Stone Face Vloggers

Being the musings of Your Obedient Servant, Great Stone Face, moose enthusiast.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Virginia, United States

I'm interested in humor contests, the Washington Redskins, the Boston Red Sox, the Washington Nationals, University of New Hampshire hockey and football, and Ohio State University football and hockey -- and, of course, moose.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Shrimp and Shells


I wish I'd taken a photo. It looked so nice! We had shrimp and pasta shells for dinner last night.

I sautéed about 18 medium shrimp in some oil in my cast iron frypan, then I removed them to a plate. I then sautéed a medium chopped onion and a chopped green pepper, until they were soft. I added a couple if minced garlic clices and sauteed them for a minute. Then, I added a chopped, peeled, and seeded tomato; plus salt, pepper, dried basil, and dried oregano; plus a cup of frozen corn.

In a pot, I'd been boiling a few handfuls of medium pasta shells. I tossed a ladle or two of the starchy pasta water into the frypan. When the pasta was done, the corn was heated through, and the tomato was broken up, I put the cooked shells into the pan ad mixed it thoroughly.

I served it bowls with sourdough toast on the side. Iced tea to drink. If I'd had white wine, I might have cooked it into the sauce. Delicious!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home