Stone Face Blog / Stone Face Vloggers

Being the musings of Your Obedient Servant, Great Stone Face, moose enthusiast.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Virginia, United States

I'm interested in humor contests, the Washington Redskins, the Boston Red Sox, the Washington Nationals, University of New Hampshire hockey and football, and Ohio State University football and hockey -- and, of course, moose.

Thursday, November 08, 2012

Rice Porridge With Shrimp

Is this congee? Jook? Okayu? Baw baw? Well, it's rice porridge made with stuff around the house, that's what it is.

I put a half-serving of Carolina golden rice into my rice cooker with the correct amount of water and a half teaspoon of salt, and cooked it on the porridge setting. When it was finished, I stirred in a dash of fish sauce and a half-teaspoon of chicken consommé powder. It was a little less soupy than I'd expected.

In a sauté pan, I sautéed a minced garlic clove in oil for 30 seconds, then added five diced medium raw shrimp (deveined and shelled), and cooked them through.

I deglazed the pan with a little water, then scraped it all into the porridge and mixed carefully. Garnish was a sprinkle of dried basil.

On the side, I made a cup of English Breakfast Tea.

Delicious!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home