Stone Face Blog / Stone Face Vloggers

Being the musings of Your Obedient Servant, Great Stone Face, moose enthusiast.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Virginia, United States

I'm interested in humor contests, the Washington Redskins, the Boston Red Sox, the Washington Nationals, University of New Hampshire hockey and football, and Ohio State University football and hockey -- and, of course, moose.

Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Steak Dinner

Steak Dinner
I'm alone for dinner tonight, so I spoiled myself with a roasted tenderloin dinner.

I salted the steak with a little kosher salt and ground black pepper on it. The steak was seared on one side in a cast iron pan in some olive oil at high heat for 3 minutes.

I flipped the steak over, then added some lightly oiled mixed mushrooms to the pan.

The pan was put into a 375ยบ F oven for 12 minutes.

When I took the pan out of the oven, I removed the steak and mushrooms to a tented plate to rest, then deglazed the pan with riesling and added a pat of unsalted butter.

The steak and mushrooms were put back into the pan and coated in the sauce.

The steak was taken from the pan and plated. The mushrooms were tossed with some soba I'd cooked then added to the plate.

To drink, I had a mug of shandy. For dessert, I had a bowl of fresh cherries. I had it outside on the screen porch and listened to "Abbey Road."

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home