Stone Face Blog / Stone Face Vloggers

Being the musings of Your Obedient Servant, Great Stone Face, moose enthusiast.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Virginia, United States

I'm interested in humor contests, the Washington Redskins, the Boston Red Sox, the Washington Nationals, University of New Hampshire hockey and football, and Ohio State University football and hockey -- and, of course, moose.

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Grilled Dinner

I made chicken tonight from a recipe in Marc Bittman's iPad app, "How to Cook Everything."

A pound and a half of boneless skinless chicken breasts were marinated in 2 tablespoons of good temari soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of roasted sesame oil, and 4 slivered garlic cloves. Then, I grilled them over a hot charcoal fire in a covered Weber kettle for 5 minutes on one side and 7 minutes on the other side. They turned out mahogany, juicy, and delicious.

The asparagus was my recipe. It was washed, trimmed, and tossed in a little olive oil, then sprinkled with a pinch of kosher salt. I put it into a perforated grill pan and dropped loosely tented foil on top. It was put on the grill, too, unattended until the chicken was done.

Finally, I opened a can of small potatoes, dried them off, and tossed them in a little olive oil and paprika. They were put into a heavy-duty aluminum foil packet, closed up in a "drugstore wrap." I put the packet right on the coals, and turned it when I turned the chicken.

All garnished with flat parsley from our herb garden.

A very successful meal that I'll make again.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home