Stone Face Blog / Stone Face Vloggers

Being the musings of Your Obedient Servant, Great Stone Face, moose enthusiast.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Virginia, United States

I'm interested in humor contests, the Washington Redskins, the Boston Red Sox, the Washington Nationals, University of New Hampshire hockey and football, and Ohio State University football and hockey -- and, of course, moose.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Mount Vernon


Mount Vernon
Originally uploaded by Great Stone Face.
My cardiologist appointment yesterday afternoon went very well. I go back in a year.

This morning, I walked around our neighborhood for about 40 minutes. The flowers looked and smelled terrific. I didn't hear the birds singing or the dogs barking, though. I was listening through headphones to blues on my iPhone. Bessie Smith, mostly.

Still interested in my old job somewhat. Some colleagues testified late this morning before a House committee, so I watched the webcast for a couple of hours, after my morning walk.

Then, I drove to Mount Vernon, about 16 miles from home, and toured George Washington's estate for a couple of hours. The photo above was taken with my iPhone and cropped with iPhoto. I bought an annual pass, so I can go back again soon. Maybe next week. There were busses and busses and busses of tourists. I'll arrive much earlier next time.

Last evening, my wife and I made a chocolate cake from scratch for one of her colleague's birthday, and made the chocolate frosting from scratch, too. We put cooking dinner off until tonight. I'm baking panko-crusted tilapia, sauteeing garden greens (chard, spinach, mustard, etc.), and steaming jasmine rice. I brewed some ice tea before I left for Mount Vernon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home