Stone Face Blog / Stone Face Vloggers

Being the musings of Your Obedient Servant, Great Stone Face, moose enthusiast.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Virginia, United States

I'm interested in humor contests, the Washington Redskins, the Boston Red Sox, the Washington Nationals, University of New Hampshire hockey and football, and Ohio State University football and hockey -- and, of course, moose.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

How I Know I'm Not Addicted to Internet Recipes

I've been cooking since I was a kid. I started making Mexican TV dinners, which was a big deal growing up in New Hampshire. My friend Dana taught me how to make fried rice -- with salami chunks. He used the rendered fat from the salami to cook his onions. I also was the house barbecue guy, making burgers, steaks, and chops for my parents and me.

Then, I started watching TV cooking shows, Graham Kerr and Julia Child, and copying what they did. I've accumulated a rather large number of cookbooks of every variety, too.

Now, I watch Internet cooking shows."VideoJug" has good lessons and sometimes the Food Network recipes are fun to make. Lately, I've been following a great cooking show on the Web called "Hilah Cooking" because the recipes are (generally) healthy and fun, and the show's host -- Hilah Johnson -- is very natural, knowledgeable, and entertaining.

That's not the case with all Internet chefs, however. Check out this one. She makes a stir-fry recipe with Minute Rice (yuck) and spends practically the first three minutes of her show explaining how it takes only five minutes to prepare it. Geez!











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home