Stone Face Blog / Stone Face Vloggers

Being the musings of Your Obedient Servant, Great Stone Face, moose enthusiast.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Virginia, United States

I'm interested in humor contests, the Washington Redskins, the Boston Red Sox, the Washington Nationals, University of New Hampshire hockey and football, and Ohio State University football and hockey -- and, of course, moose.

Monday, May 14, 2012

Enchiladas From Mother's Day Leftovers

More from the "what's in the pantry?" file.

Yesterday was Mother's Day. Our big celebration was going out for a fancy brunch with two of our sons, my wife, her Mom, and me; along with two other couples and their grown daughter and sons. We've been doing this with them for about 30 years.

So, Marsha and I were home with our youngest son at dinner time. Boston Market was running a Mother's Day special; plus we had a coupon expiring yesterday.

Today, lots of chicken leftovers. We also had their garlic spinach side dish. There were corn tortillas and scallions in the fridge. Enchiladas for Monday's dinner!

What to use for cheese? Aha, Israeli sheep's milk Kaskaval, ready to be grated. All we needed was sauce, so I picked up a bottle of enchilada sauce at Trader Joe's, the only thing I had to buy.

I softened the tortillas in canola oil, and filled them with a chicken, spinach, scallion, and cheese mix. I spread a little sauce in the baking dish and put in the rolled filled tortillas, topped by more sauce and more cheese. Baked for 20 mins. in the oven at 350° F.

Here's the picture before it went in:

Enchilada casserole done:

On the plate:

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home