Stone Face Blog / Stone Face Vloggers

Being the musings of Your Obedient Servant, Great Stone Face, moose enthusiast.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Virginia, United States

I'm interested in humor contests, the Washington Redskins, the Boston Red Sox, the Washington Nationals, University of New Hampshire hockey and football, and Ohio State University football and hockey -- and, of course, moose.

Monday, May 07, 2012

Texas Ranch Beans

I made Texas ranch beans today using the Hilah Cooking recipe. I made a few changes, using olive oil instead of bacon fat and canned chipotle instead of serrano pepper. I'm thinking of having my Texas ranch beans on whole wheat toast tonight for supper, with a broiled tomato and maybe a poached egg. [Addendum: I did it! See here.]
Mise en place: rinsed canned cannellini beans, minced onion,
minced garlic, minced green pepper, minced chipotle,
chili powder, cornstarch, and water (salt not shown).
Onions, peppers, and garlic are sautéed 5 minutes.
Beans and chili powder briefly sautéed for a minute.
Water and cornstarch added for 15-minute simmered sauce.
In the bowl, ready to eat

1 Comments:

Anonymous hilah said...

They look perfect!

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home